Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Download links not working to generate new offline file

I have a MirrorSync 5 install that has been running fine for a few years. I'm trying to push out new versions to a fleet of iPads. The links to download a new offline copy seem to be getting hung up. I let them go on a couple different iPads and after about 30 minutes, I cancelled the processes.

I restarted the server and was able to generate a new copy on one iPad after about six minutes. Then tried again and am back to being hung up again. I was using Safari to trigger the link and it would just spin. I tried on Chrome and eventually got a message that I haven't seen before "DBDownloader is too busy and was canceled."

Any insight on what could be causing this?

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to upgrade to MirrorSync 6 at this time. I will in the near future, but need to deploy this latest version of the database first and we have a lot of remote iPads that may not be able to update for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

HI Jason - I'm not sure what's causing the hang, it sounds like maybe a thread deadlock. This has changed a lot in version 6.

You can always create offline copies by just temporarily closing the db with FMS admin, then download a copy, then open it back up. You can send that copy to as many people as you'd like, using DropBox or some other file sharing service. That's all I can think of, without upgrading to 6.

Hope you're doing well!

Thanks, Jesse. You read my mind. I ended up posting a clone to dropbox for this release, and we're planning an upgrade to v.6 as soon as there's a break in the action and I can get some downtime on the system.

• 2 months later...
On 5/29/2023 at 9:42 AM, Brennyineire said:

I am having a similar issue with 6.12 even after I updated. I plan to update to 6.33

Is there any limitations for this to work on iPad, i.e. maximum number of layouts, scripts etc.?

No, whatever FileMaker Go can do, MirrorSync should be able to sync.