Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Import Records script step operates differently than manually importing records?

This topic is 376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I'm working on a simple import from CSV script, and the issue I'm running into is in trying to show only my just-imported records as the found set so that I can perform some other operations on them.

Normally when I import records manually, FM will omit all current records and import my new file... the just-imported records will be my found set.

Performing this operation within a script seems to be different? It seems to omit the omit step – when I perform my Import Records all previously shown records are still shown.

If I add "Show All Records" and "Show Omitted Only", when I then perform my import those records then become omitted and I now have no records at all to work with?!

I don't recall this behavior in my FMP10 days, I'm in v.18 right now. Is this behavior expected?

I could perform a search for all of the just-imported records but that seems like it should not be necessary?!

Edited by RRS

There is no difference. Immediately after importing records, the found set contains only (and all) the imported records. If at the end of your script your found set is different, then something additional has happened after the import. Perhaps you have extra steps in your script. Or maybe another script gets triggered. You can use the script debugger to find out when this happens.

1 hour ago, comment said:

There is no difference. Immediately after importing records, the found set contains only (and all) the imported records. If at the end of your script your found set is different, then something additional has happened after the import. Perhaps you have extra steps in your script. Or maybe another script gets triggered. You can use the script debugger to find out when this happens.

I am using the debugger. Maybe there is something wrong with my install?

Here's a video showing the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/97dbaee5ab9d494291847815dc6370b4

4 hours ago, RRS said:

Maybe there is something wrong with my install?

I doubt that very much.

4 hours ago, RRS said:

I am afraid that doesn't tell me anything useful.

See if you can reproduce the problem (and only the problem) in a new file. If so, post the file here.

14 hours ago, comment said:

I doubt that very much.

I am afraid that doesn't tell me anything useful.

See if you can reproduce the problem (and only the problem) in a new file. If so, post the file here.

Well, in creating the test file for you I figured it out. The import step in the script was referencing the wrong table instance.

I was sure it'd be something simple like that. Thanks for helping me figure it out, in a roundabout way!

Edited by RRS

This topic is 376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.