Server Maintenance This Week. ×

help barcode font problem

archrid404

I installed idautomationhc39m font on both of my client's computers, But the other one is not showing it just plain text. I already clear the font cache but still not working.

It was the model availiable in the late 90’ies, but today would I either use the MBS plugin or generate it with a call to an API and then store each code in a container field instead. You should perhaps think webdirect into the solutions future, making it available for Chromebook users as well.

However if you stay with the fonts approach, then make a script that makes a screen dump of the barcode and pastes the image into a container field as .gif for each code needed.

—sd

2 hours ago, Søren Dyhr said:

makes a screen dump of the barcode and pastes the image into a container field as .gif

Huh?? Why would you go from vectors to pixels?

6 hours ago, archrid404 said:

the other one is not showing it just plain text.

No one can answer such a vague question. Do some testing first, starting with: can other applications use the font? If not, then it's not a Filemaker issue (esp. if it works on another system, as you say).

Added:
I see that IDAutomation have a guide for integrating into FMP:
https://www.idautomation.com/barcode-integration/filemaker-pro/

Have you reviewed it?

Edited by comment

2 minutes ago, comment said:

Huh?? Why would you go from vectors to pixels?

No, you're right SVG would do just as well, and perhaps wouldn't I do it that way anyway, but instead along the lines of:

https://community.claris.com/en/s/question/0D53w00005gIaG6CAK/generating-barcode-on-a-web-viewer-object-works-perfectly-in-fmp-but-not-showing-on-webdirect

...if I didn't have the mbs plugin at hand!

--sd