Many-To-Many

mbachman

This topic is 7939 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need to track students' attendance at workshops. So, I have a Students file, a Workshops file, and a join file named Workshop_Enrollment. However, I need to make sure I have the specific date of the workshop and whether or not a student was absent, present, tardy, or dismissed. I have students going to different workshops on the same date and the workshops are held on many dates.

One of the items I will need to produce is a report identifying the name of the workshop with the list of students attending that workshop and if they were absent on each day the workshop was held.

I am not exactly sure how set up the files in order to produce this report. Help is greatly appreciated!

Student file contains the student information (i.e. StudentName), Workshop contains the workshop information (i.e. WorkshopDate) and Workshop_Enrollment contains the information unique to a particular student in a particular workshop(i.e. Status) and may also contain calculations to display related data from the Student and/or Workshop tables.

Since you wanna display information from all three tables, you will most likely develope your reports in the Workshop_Enrollment db.

This topic is 7939 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.