HELP for script "send email"

This topic is 7934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks to Mod, I can now send my documents via e-mail simply using Print to Pdf application.

I started manually and this works great.

Now I have troubleshooting with the script "send email".

Suppose I want to automatically send via e-mail a new order to one of my clients.

I created a script that first identify the order, then switch the printer and print it via Print to Pdf and save it as Order N

Thank you for the help.

But How come in the script definition, there is a check box "don't show details" when we select "send e-mail", and that this option doesn't open when we need.

I started with a confusing tentative to export a file in Excel. At this time, it was possible to define the document I wanted to attach...

I'll probably turn back to you for the applescript definition because I don't know how to create them.

I downloaded the plug-in but I run a Mac OS 8.6 which is lower than the recommended OS.

I will soon upgrade but I am quite sure that something must be wrong in my script, or in FM Pro (WHY EVEN WITH THAT CHECK BOX UNMARKED CAN'T I REDEFINE THE SCRIPT JUST BEFORE SENDING THE MAIL...)

Your script looks okay. I just tested this, and I had the same result as you; the send email "perform without dialog" check box has no effect at all. It appears to be a bug in Filemaker.

I would still try SMTPit with OS 8.6 and see what happens.

The Send Mail script step provides for a specified file to be attached - however the name and path to the file must be saved with the script (they are not dynamic).

That means that you will need to save your PDF (or other export file) to the name/path that is specified in the Send Mail script step, in order to have the script locate it and send it.

The "Perform without dialog" option for the 'Send Mail' step works correctly on each of four differently configured test machines here (both Mac and Windows) in FMP versions 4.x, 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0. I'm not able to ascertain from the above posts exactly what your problem with it is in that regard, or what might be causing it.

This feature operates to either bring the email client application to the front and await a user confirmation to 'send', or to request immediate background send in the email client application. What then happens depends in part on the installed email client application being appropriately configured.

However notwithstanding the above, I can confirm that SMTPit in its current versions operates correctly under MacOS 8.6 (at least in a fairly broad range of operations that I've tested it on for one of my clients).

This topic is 7934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.