Modification Field and Creation Fields

This topic is 8072 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have created a datbase and published it using the web portal. I have assigned user names and passwords to the website using the web security that comes with filemaker. c:programs filesfilemakerwebsecuritydatabases

What I want to do is create a field within my datbase that records the user who logs onto the database via the web and creates or modifies a record.

Can this be done ???

Not really sure what you are trying to do but....

You can specify the user who created the record by using the following code.

<Input type = "hidden" Name="user" value ="[FMP-ClientUserName]">

The [FMP-ClientUserName] bit will insert the username into a field that you define to contain that info.

You can also use related fields to keep a log of who entered or modified what record, and you can probably use a repeating field to log the users who modified a given record and the dates on which the modifications occurred. But let us know first what you realy want to do.

• Newbies

Lads, what I have is the following.

I have a fm database that i have published to the web using the FM web portal. Works great. I have assigned usernames and passwords to the site using the web security option for the web companion. Users login fine.

The usernames and passwords are created in the web database that is located in c:program filesfilemakerpro5websecuritydatabasesweb users

When a user loggs into the database across the web I want to be able to record who created, modified a record.

Simple, if you know what your doing !! ???-) But I dont.

I dont not know how to add in calucaltions so if you could break it down step by step for me it would be really great.

Thanks for the help..

"I have a fm database that i have published to the web using the FM web portal."

"...I dont not know how to add in calucaltions "

If I understand, what you are saying is that you are using Instant Web Publishing to serve your database over a wan. I don't know that anyone here can answer your question if IWP is your solution.

If you are using Custom Web Publishing you will need to provide some code from your format file, or consider the answers already provided.

This topic is 8072 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.