Need a workaround for 64,000 char limit

This topic is 7921 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My database is designed to hold orders that customers place over our website. To get an order from the website into the DB, I have to download a specific web page and do a lot of text parsing to get it into the fields.

I recently bought the Troi URL plugin to help me do this, and it lets me download the page, and from there I use the built in functions to do the parsing.

However, I find that only orders with less than 14 line items will fit into the required 64,000 text limit, and since Troi downloads URLs to a text field, It too is limited by this. However we have had orders in the past with up to 30 line items (about 90k characters)

The best solution I can come up with is to use Applescript to download the web page and copy it into several fields and go from there, but I was wondering if anyone has anything more slick they can suggest.

Thanks!

That is not an option for now. Our site is provided by a third party, because they can provide a live-inventory 15,000 item catalog which is based on the inventory of our wholesaler. We have no access to the backend of the database, i can only grab things via the web.

This topic is 7921 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.