New portal row created by a script, not manually

ibiubu

This topic is 7918 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I currently have a button that when clicked on runs a script to create a new portal row and auto enter certain data. Then the user can go to the portal row and finish changing the rest of the field data.

I want to make sure that the user uses the button to create new protal rows. But as it stands, since the fields in my portal are editable, this means that the user could also go to the bottom empty row and start entering the data there, essentially by-passing the create button.

Is there a way to avoid this...to make it where a new portal row can not be created unless it is done thru the button.

LR

After giving this one a lot of thought, here is one way that I could figure to do this. Each field in the portal has a script assigned to it:

If ["IsEmpty(Your portal relationship::Date) and IsEmpty(Your portal relationship::Who) and IsEmpty(Your portal relationship::Note)"]

Show Message "Use the add button to create new contacts."

Else

Go to field ["Your portal relationship::Date"]

End If

This way if the user goes to the empty portal row and tries to enter data in any of the fields, they get the message "Use the add button to create new contacts." Yet they can still go to any existing portal row and edit/enter data into the fields.

LR

Couldn't you turn off "Allow creation of related records" then use an external script in the line items database to create the new record (probably what you're doing).

I've never tried this... but can't see why it wouldn't work...

This topic is 7918 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.