Instant and Go to Related Record script?

This topic is 8048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is another "Go to Related Record" script question. I have a button using this script. Pretty basic concept. But when I view my database on the web using instant web publishing and click on the button, I get the following error:

Unable to process your request because the layout "1" could not be processed.

Not quite sure why it is asking for layout "1" and what it means.

LR

"Not quite sure why it is asking for layout "1" and what it means."

As you know I am not familiar personally with IWP. I will take a guess.

You have more than one layout in your db file.

Could it be that you have named your layouts something other than the default names of layout 1, layout 2, etc and that IWP uses those layout default names when constructing its html?

"Here is another "Go to Related Record" script question. I have a button using this script."

Actually I believe this single step is a button format feature. I say this because another button format feature is "Perform Script". The latter causes the performance of a ScriptMaker script. The former can be used in a ScriptMaker script, but in the instance to which you refer is found under "Format / Button".

The related record must exist (be displayed) within the appropriate db file layout (layout 1?) to be displayed on the web.

But this is all just a guess. I hope that it guides you in the right direction.

All good suggestions...

This is frustraing. This is such a simple thing. Yet it does not work as advertised. And of course there is nothing in the knowledge database on it, of the documentation or help files other than the reference as to the fact that it should work.

LR

Making a guess here. Are there any other steps in the script? Tech Bulletin 107476 lists the Go to Related Record as a single step script that "can be activated by a button on your layout." I am guessing that if there are additional steps in your script, the added steps may be the cause of an erroneous error message. Then, again, I might be out in left field with this guess.

No other steps. It is strange...I have found that I have to leave the layout name in this format: "Layout #1"

If I change the naming scheme at all then Instant will not recognize the layout, no matter what I try.

This is a VERY limiting feature. Oh well. I don't use Instant too much, so not often am I going to run into this problem

LR

This topic is 8048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.