Checkbox Full

This topic is 7903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I work with Filemaker 5 and windows.

I have a script to create a new record and clicking on that script the user enters the new record data. Depending on the identification entered for this new record there is a checkbox that should be checked or not. The problem is that I have no idea how to check this checkbox because after I click the button that activates the script to create a new record there is no script after that one so that I can check the checkbox according to the identification number. This should happen automatically. Is there a way to do it either using script, or some other way ? Is there a way to activate a script by pressing the TAB key ?

Dean,

I'll try to explain a bit more because it's not like you've understood and maybe I haven't been clear enough. The situation is creating a new record where I have Vehicle, client and Insurance informations on the layout the new record is being created. When I create the new record the next step is to insert the vehicle identification number. After that , if the system has already data for this vehicle, other vehicle informations like plate number, model and client name, address, telephone number apear(all these apear because of the relationships). If this vehicle has Insurance there is a checkbox that at this moment should be checked.

Is there a way to activate a script by pressing the TAB key ?

Luiza,

Okay, I think I understand. If you enter a vehicle and it has insurance you want the checkbox checked. I use the oAzium plugin, so when a field such as the vin number is entered a script will run when you tab or leave a field. If you do not want to use oAzium you could create a lookup to insert an X in the checkbox field.

Dean

Luiza,

I just put a test together, and I believe this is what your looking for. In one of the related files you have create a calc field called check or whatever ie Case(insurance field > 0,"X","") the result will be X if there is insurance or blank if not in the check field. Then in your other file have the checkbox field lookup from the check field.

Hope that helps, otherwise check into the oAzium plugin at

http://www.wmotion.com/

Dean

This topic is 7903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.