Server Maintenance This Week. ×

RAIC component compatibility issues?

This topic is 8054 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am attempting to set up and test a RAIC configuration, but I have a variety of components that I think may not be compatible, because I can't get the WSC to see the first stand-alone node I set up.

Here's what I have right now:

Box 1 (OS X Server on G4) - FM Server 5.5

Box 2 (OS 9 on G4) - FM Unlimited 5.0, WSC, Webstar 4, Lasso 3.6

Box 3 (RAIC Node; OS 9 on iMac) - FM Unlimited 5.5

I opened the files on Boxes 2-3 as a guest of Box 1, using their respective UL versions. When I opened and configured the WSC in the browser, it seems to be able to see the DB's on both Box 2 (which I am using as the first RAIC node) and Box 3. But when I close the DB files on Box 2, in order to see if it really can direct the traffic to Box 3, I get nothing. That seems to indicate that, despite appearances, I am not utilizing or talking to Box 3 at all.

I read in a posting here that 5.0 and 5.5 may come with their own unique versions of the WSC. I am using the 5.0 version. Could that be preventing me from utilizing my 5.5 node in the RAIC?

I am in a position of needing to prove the functionality of the RAIC concept in order to get approval purchase additional licenses for FM Unlimited, but I am stuck.

I have only been dabbling in FM for just over a year, and my web experience is minimal. I have other very low volume FM-driven sites running on Box 2 alone, and I'm pretty satisfied with how they run and confident in my ability to manage that environment, but I have one product that needs to handle 10,000 hits in one day, three times a year. I was hopeful that I could use a RAIC for these occasions, but I am not brimming with confidence in my ability to get it up and going. I am in the position of needing to prove the functionality of the RAIC concept in order to get approval to purchase additional licenses for FM Unlimited. Am I in a Catch 22 here? (need to buy software to make it work, but need to make it work to get approval to by software

WSC with Lasso hmmmmmm I never got it to work but some have laugh.gif It kept on crashig my webserver even with the latest MRJ etc. It is the only way to get a single Lasso 3.x box to load balance so I will go back to it and MAKE it work , but it's just a matter of finding the time.......I just run FM_Remote which offers fail over but not load balancing.

Better than me explaining how it can be done (apparently smile.gif )and the arguments that have ensued have a look at

http://www.lassodev.com/lasso3/notes/FMSetup.html

Enjoy - i hope you get it to work.

PS ignore the bit about read only databases at the end....... you're using server there is no problem - if you can get WebSTAR Lasso and WSC working on the same Mac that is wink.gif

[ April 19, 2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: scratchmalogicalwax ]

This topic is 8054 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.