Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error Message on a RAIC

This topic is 8498 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just set up a RAIC running on all Mac machines and using Apple Share IP 6.02 as the web server. In addition to the web server, there's FMP Server and two workstations running FMP Unlimited. If I point my browser to either of the two workstations, everything works fine. But pointing to the web server (which is how it's supposed to work) gives me an Error #3 as soon as the FMP find command is executed.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you know of any fixes or possible troubleshooting I could try?

------------------

quote:

Originally posted by Anatoli:

Where you see the #3 error?

Which application is showing that?

If FM, ask FM Inc. If server...

I found a FMP TIL article that said that common issues between FMWSC and ASIP are that I have to be running Java Runtime Environment 2.1.4 or later (got that), and that the Plug-ins Memory in the Web Server has to be set to 512K or larger (mine was too low). I reset the Plug-ins Memory to 768K, restarted the web server, and now I'm getting a different error - Internal Server Error 500.

So, there's definitely a problem between ASIP and either the FMWSC or FMServer. What that problem is is anybody's guess. FMP has moved me up the tech support chain to the Advanced Techs and they're supposed to be investigating. Happily, FM Tech Support has not passed the buck to Apple, because FMWSC is supposed to work with ASIP. I will post any resolution that I get to this problem on the board.

------------------

It's fixed! You won't believe what the culprit was...a corrupted FileMaker Unlimited running on the workstation that the web server was trying to access!!! Reinstallation of FMUnlimited on that workstation solved the whole problem. Crazy, huh? This was a case of two heads are better than one...my FMP consultant came in today to work on the accounting database. I asked him to look at this for me, and in the course of showing him the setup, we discovered that Unlimited was broken.

A happy ending here!

PS - Just to be safe, I also bumped up the memory on FMUnlimited since it was only on the suggested amount. That never hurts.

smile.gif

This topic is 8498 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.