Auto-send email via Outlook

nbrunskill

This topic is 7787 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Like many others in this particular forum, I'm working on a script to send email. My question is: Is there a way to tell Outlook to auto send the email after the FM Send Mail script step sends the necessary data to Outlook Express? I've read from other posts about SMTPit for sending directly, but I'm trying to REALLY economical for now. I've got the SEND MAIL step working fine, I was just wondering if I can somehow (in FM or Outlook Express) get the email to send without having to click it.

thanks in advance

Nate

There are free AppleScript based solutions. Outlook's AppleScript dictionary has a send command, but it will require you to construct the email message using applescript. You can also send email using applescript skipping the email client by using a scripting addition (Sendmail for OS 9 and 24U Email for OSX). I'll dig around later and post some sample scripts.

The Applescript analog on Win platforms is WinBatch. It could easily trip a button in Outlook. www.wilsonware.com

There are also a couple of macro recorder programs that would allow you to capture mouse clicks to automate sending emails.

This topic is 7787 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.