FSA in Asia

butchm

This topic is 7715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I'd like to join the FSA, but I'm in the Philippines. I've looked through the FM website, and get referred to GrandTech Hong Kong. It appears that they are only a distributor of FileMaker Products, and I don't think they have FSA in this part of Asia. Appreciate any suggestions on how I can proceed. Any one here in this part of Asia? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I know this won't answer your question, but I can't see any benefit to joining the FSA, other than possibly the online directory. I doubt the "premium support" is really so great!

Anyone have any comments about the benefits? Is it worth while?

Well,

First there is the FSA tech talk. Which has some of the best voices in the FM community (not withstanding this forum).

Then, you can get discounted pricing, access to FSA member only benefits including whitepapers specific to FSA.

You get copies of FMPro client, mobile and Developer for your personal use and evaluation.

Also access to select pre-release and beta software at the discretion of FileMaker.

These are just some of the benefits.

See http://www.filemaker.com/developers/join_fsa.html

Anyone else?

butchm,

Filemaker Asia/Pacific is based here in Australia. I think they cover the Philippines (but not sure). You can contact them at [email protected] or check out their website at http://www.fielmaker.com.au

In relation to Andy and Anatoli's comments... There are various levels of FSA membership - subscriber, associate, partner. There are different free structures, eligibility criteria and privileges with each. For example, you only get the free copy of Developer if you are an associate or partner member.

I've been in it for 3 years. I agree with Andy's comments but not with Anatoli's. Personally, I think its well worth the sticker price ($450 Australian ex tax for a subscriber membership).

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the input. Last time I checked the FileMaker Australia page, it just listed Australia and New Zealand. Now it lists Hong Kong and Singapore as well. I will ask them thru email and see if I am eligible.

Just what do they mean by "Personal use and evaluation"?

They give you a free copy of FileMaker, but can you use it commercially? If not, what good is the second copy?

If you can use it commercially, then I don't see why EVERYONE doesn't join FSA as a subscriber, and save $100 US on FileMaker Pro and Mobile!

This topic is 7715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.