Looking For - Time Tracking

This topic is 7689 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi -

I am looking for some sort of simple (hopefully free) time tracking software. It could be in FMP, but doesn't have to be. Just want something simple - a basic stopwatch - I can start at the beginning of a call or project and stop when I am done.

Any good ideas or suggestions out there.

Thanks

Tweety

• 1 month later...

Well, it seems like overkill, but you could do it in FMP. How fine are the increments you want? I'm thinkin of two layouts that look identical, but the single, prominent button would activate two scripts (or different parts of one). First it would past ethe current time into a (possibly global) field. Then it would wait until you pressed the button again, and it would paste the new current time into a second (global) field. Then it would calculate the difference and display or store it anywhere you like. At it's simplest, this would be a stopwatch, with onyl one value. Onthe other hand, you could have a permanent script runing, an each time you want through the process, it would store the answer in a new field, perhaps labeled with the times involved, or with a text field you can enter manually.

Insert Current Time (START)

Pause/Resume

Insert Current Time (END)

Insert Calculated Result (TOTAL TIME, END - START)

Create New Record

This could be more complicated to format the time invovled, but you get the idea.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Ugo,

Sorry, it still didn't work.

Sounds like some kind of corruption. Have you tried rebuilding your desktop? How about adding the file extension .fp5? Putting it into a folder also sometimes does it, but unfortunately not this time

HTH

Lee

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.