Email PC vs Mac

dmi05

This topic is 7754 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I've checked some of the posts. (My answer may be a plug in.)

Problem: I have an Ebay database set up. My assoiciate and I both use it to track inventory, sales, receipts, costs, etc.. I have scripts that will send emails at auction close, emails to remind at specified intervals, send email to buyer when payment received, when item is sent, print invoices, labels, blah, blah, blah.....

It works great for ME. My associate is on a MAC and the scripts will not work. Could the stmp plug in solve this problem? I didn't have to do anything except to create the script and the emails worked. Why won't they work on the MAC?

Thanks for any and all help!

It likely has NOTHING to do with the Mac, but is just that he is on a different system with different software installed. You may have a certain configuration and setup your DB to use the capabilities of that configuration, moving it to another system which does not have the same software installed is causing the problem.

As an example: Maybe you have Outlook installed and use it as your mail client, but he uses Netscape. They require pretty different commands for the e-mail to work.

The problem is probably related to the default email client on the Mac ... depending on the FM version some email clients work and others don't

SMTPit is fully x-platform and would indeed work ... in addition it would make sending the emails fully automatic

From the FM 5.5 help file...

Mac OS:

Claris Emailer, Qualcomm Eudora Light, Eudora Pro, Microsoft Outlook Express 5, or Microsoft Entourage installed to send email with FileMaker Pro.

The Internet Config tool (version 1.1 or higher) installed and configured to process the mailto protocol.

This topic is 7754 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.