Saving export setup

This topic is 8153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

If you create a script with the "export" script step, the settings will be saved. If you wish to modify the settings, do a manual export, open the script, close the script and choose to update the export settings in the dialog that will be presented upon closing the script. The script step also allows you to supress all dialogs and assign a file name.

-bd

quote:

Originally posted by Sean O'Donoghue:

Greetings

When I do an export, eg 10 comma-delimited fields, HOW do I save this export so that I do not have to select each field seperately the next time I want to do the same export

Regards & thanks in anticipation

Sean O'D

Perform your export, then create a script with the Export Records script step. Select the options (restore, no dialog). Optionally specify the name of the file you want to export to, if it will be the same every time. Click OK. You will be asked if you want to keep or replace the Export options. Select Replace and click OK.

When you run the script, it will *restore* the export order without showing the dialog. If you don't specify the filename in the script step, it will ask each time you run the script.

This topic is 8153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.