Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Pro 5.5 won't start

nicka

This topic is 7560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the wrong forum, it's the first time for me!

Anyway: PC=Pentium III 450Mhz, FM=5.5. First it worked great. Now while i want to open it nothing happens, no errors. I've installed for my work Exact Globe 2000, after that no more FM.

Nicka

I seem to remember this problem with some sort of audio drivers or audio sythisizer programs prohibiting FM from starting, but it was w/ FM5. Like Anatoli said, I would make sure you have the updates. Then I would uninstall Exact Globe 2000 and see if it will start.

Ken

• Newbies

Uninstall Exact Globe 2000 is possible but only when there is no other solution. Before Exact Globe was installed FM worked perfectly with an earlier version of Exact. So something has changed, but I don't know what and where.

Nicka

Another possibility is a corrupted font. When you installed Exact Globe, it is likely that fonts were added to your system. Locate and move those fonts out of your font folder to a temporary folder. Then try starting FM again. If it still doesn't start, it is not the fonts and you can place them back into the font folder. If FM does start, then you can move them back one at a time to determine which one is bad.

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

Do you know what program or the link, cause I'm having this exact problem on a Dell Optiplex

Celeron 700 MHz, 64MB and a 10GB drive running Win2K SP4. Installed/Uninstalled it several times and when I go to run it nothing, there is a process running "Filemaker pro.e" that shows up in the processes (funny that it doesn't show up as .exe)

This topic is 7560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.