Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ODBC access to FileMaker database

This topic is 7861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everybody

I'm a new user of FileMaker so I don't know it very much...

I work on WinXP Professional, with Access XP and Filemaker Pro 5.5 Trial with FileMaker ODBC drivers installed

I have to build an ASP page that shows data from a FileMaker database connecting by system ODBC

The ODBC seems to work, in fact I can import the FM Database in an Access database using a System ODBC, but it doesn't work in the ASP page!!

I shared the FM Database with the Local Data Access Companion and the file is open and not protected by any password.

The page returns me:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)

[FileMaker][ODBC FileMaker Pro driver][FileMaker Pro]Connessione non riuscita

(Connessione non riuscita = connection failed)

the code I use in the ASP page is:

set rsProva = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

rsProva.Open "SELECT * FROM prova", "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=MyDataSource"

Can anyone help me?? Why I can read, update and delete data from a Access Database and not from an ASP page?:

Thanks in advance

Giovanni

I know almost nothing about FM and ODBC, but it seems to me like not the best proposition.

It will be 10x more code than FM native CDML/HTML and it will be also 10 times slower.

Did you consider move to WebCompanion and CDML?

You'll get speed and simplicity and great scalability.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you create a DSN called "MyDataSource" (and if so, does *that* work when you test it from the ODBC control panel?)

Usually you open the connection to the database in a seperate call from the actual SQL statement..maybe you should look up different examples of doing what you're wanting.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I've had the exact same problem.

First, I created both a user and a system DSN named "FileMaker". In the utility program MS Query, shipped with MS Office, I made a query using the FileMaker DSN. That worked fine.

In the ASP-page I used the same DSN - but it gave me the error "Connection error". And this is not because it cannot connect to the FileMaker ODBC-driver, because the error message came from the driver - if the ASP-page could not connect to the driver, it would be the ODBC driver manager that would produce the error.

I have absolutely no idea why it doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure, that it's FileMakers ODBC-driver that is not fully compatible.

Regards,

Mads

This topic is 7861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.