not importing all data

This topic is 7612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

Read a thread about keeping your information in a different db then the input db and thought i would try this. I made a clone of my db and deleted all records in the clone and tried to import the information back in from the orginal. I removed all relationships in the clone db. About a quarter of the data is not import. Since the db is an exact clone, any ideas why this is happening. Using FM6. The import is done manually.

Thanks

Lionel

About a quarter of the data is not import.

By this do you mean that not all of the records are importing? In the source db (your input db) are all records found? When importing from one FM db to another, only the records in the found set in the source db will be imported.

hi Ugo

No records were lost just data.

Example

A Record in the original db would have Twenty fields.

only Fifteen fields will import the data into the clone db leaving the other five fields empty. Yet all twenty fields in the original has data in it. Any ideas why this is happening.

thanks

lionel

Hi Ugo

When i said i detele all of the relationship, I meant in the db where i want to just storage the data. A lot of information in the original db is install through a value list with relationships with others db. These relationships still exit.

thanks

lionel

try exporting as Filemaker. This gives you a db without interface or scripts or relations with all fields, all calcs are converted to data fields. Then import from there.

Hi Cjaeger

Thanks for the suggest but it did not export the five fields or data. This is the only db that it does this with. I have two other db that i do this with and they work like a charm. Guess i will have to recontruct this data base from scratch again.

thanks

Lionel

This topic is 7612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.