Server Maintenance This Week. ×

remember last portal row

mallikai

This topic is 7604 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

platforms windows and mac, filemaker 5.5

I've got an image database that has thumbnails and references to images on a server.

In the client database, i've created a relationship for customer_id::images and customer_id::client

So, there is a scroll down thumbnail list of client images when you click on a particular client. On the right side of the same layout, I created another relationship with customer_id&record_number::image = cusstomer_id&g_record_number::client. So, when someone clicks on the thumbnail image, an enlarged image is shown to the right via a reference file.

However, I have not been able to figure out how to keep the portal row on the last record that was enlarged in the thumbnail scroll down list. It always goes back to the first image. I've tried go to portal row and i've tried go to related record in scriptmaker.

Any help?

thanks

Hi Mallikai,

The way to do this is to store the portal row in a global number.

So when you click in the thumbnail portal, the first step of the script that's called shoulb something like:

set global_last_portalrow to Status(currentpotalrow)

You could then go back to the same row via a

goto portalrow (global_last_portalrow)

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ernst.

I have several examples of fixed (non-bouncing) portals, e.g. "Fixed Portal New" file (from www. filemakerpros.com site :, but I don't remember the original sources of them. The recent one you can find in the Sample File forum section ("OSX Look Portals" by Ugo Di Luca).

thanks...that worked like a charm...status(currentportalrow)

didn't think it would be so easy...

my only comment is why does the scroll bar not stay next to the record that was last...it is always almost at the top...but that's a minor thing...

Hi Mallikai,

>>my only comment is why does the scroll bar not stay next to the record >>that was last...it is always almost at the top...but that's a minor

>>thing...

And that's where the 'fixed portal', the thing that mse and Ugo refer to, is used for!

Regards,

Ernst

• 2 weeks later...

grin.gif

[color:"blue"] You must have missed it.

http://www.fmfiles.com/tnt5.html ---> FixedPortalNew.

Now I still like a trip to Giuseppe's site, which has plenty of other flavours...

Ha, ha, ha, ROTFLMAO - AGAIN!

That's the one I gave as a link thinking it was the file by Davor Juretic, and was wondering about the questions that came back???

So, yes I guess I did miss it, BIG TIME

Thanks

Lee laugh.gif

This topic is 7604 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.