CDML to Track browser hits on per record basis

This topic is 7624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Inspired by Kevin's question, I am offering a CDML/Filemaker solution created in FMPro 5.0v3. This is just one method of tracking the number of web hits on a record.

Take everything out of your Web folder. Take everything out of the attached folder and drop them in your Web folder. There are two db files: kevin.fp5 and track.fp5. In your Web Security.fp5 file create a record for kevin.fp5: all users, Browse. Create a record for track.fp5: all users, Browse, Edit.

For newbies in particular:

1. You will find action tags (-find, -findall and -edit) used in links and forms.

2. You will see the display of data from certain fields and from single and multiple records with CDML.

3. You will find the naming and carrying of two tokens and examples of their use.

4. You will find a demonstration of auto-loading a form (thanks to Garry).

5. You will find a demonstration of an InlineAction which includes a -sort.

6. You will find a calculated field solution to displaying data which is based on data in a relationship field.

7. You will find a demonstration of using an image in lieu of the HTML button.

And there are other ways of doing this. laugh.gif

tracking.zip

I am aware that my ISP has been having problems for a couple of days. On the outside chance that has been the problem and they have resolved whatever issues might (or not) haven existed, I am making one more attempt to load the attachment. If this does not work, I am hopeful that any remaining issues can be resolved on Mon. when Admin returns from their safe and sane 4th of July weekend.

tracking.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.