-script parameter to call scripts

snoopy22

This topic is 7592 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

OK, I have a XML/FileMaker Pro reference book that says I can call scripts from in a database with the -script parameter, but it doesn't give any details on how to do this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

"Can anyone point me in the right direction?"

Perhaps a "right direction" is a matter of perspective and knowledge. Therefore I would suggest that before you decide to run a ScriptMaker script in a www solution, you rigorously test the ability of single-threaded ScriptMaker to handle multiple event requests. It is especially important that you rigorously test your solution since ScriptMaker does not queue subsequent requests made while an event is processing.

I believe that there is sufficient discussion of this matter on these Internet forums to keep you busy learning for several hours.

"dont tjink twice and send him emails!" That statement reflects a rather sexist presumption since the sex of the author (1) was not mentioned and (2) is not pertinent. laugh.gif

Well, at least in English, the he/she, him/her type correctness is no longer desired or often acceptable even on college papers. We've reverted to using the default he or him, or she or her. As long as you use one consistently, it is correct grammar. And it looks and sounds much nicer than saying he/she/it when one is in doubt. smile.gif

Unable said:

But the gender was presumed. The gender was not established. That presumption is what makes the statement sexist.

Become more considerate of those around you. Unless you happen to be a sexist pig, of course.

Not in my reply, What if the author is man and Peleqk knows that? I didn't talked about presumption; I've talked about knowing that fact.

Do you know he/she doesn't know? It doesn't look like that.

Wow! where did this thread go? <smile />

You CAN call a -script, but must also have an "action" (-find, -new, ...)

"Unable" was correct: a Sript may be very unpredictable on the web.

This topic is 7592 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.