Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Win32 COM send message to FMP - sample code?

This topic is 7586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I need to create a Win32 plugin for FMP that will send a message to FMP to execute a particular script in the current database. Just like the doscript plug-in. Unfortunately, we can't use doscript (or any other off-the-shelf script), because we'll be redistributing this solution and we can't afford any of those plug-ins.

I've already implemented this plug-in for the Mac side using AppleScript to send a message to FMP (works great), but I don't have as much Win32 programming experience. I've figured out enough to get a skeleton Win32 plug-in working (FMP calls the plug-in to do its thing at the right moment), but I don't know how to have the plug-in instruct FMP to execute a script.

I've been searching like crazy for COM samples using C or C++ which will show me how to do Windows messaging.

Anybody got any help or pointers?

Thanks!

Have you looked at WinBatch? You could create a distributable .exe at no cost, but you would have to buy the complier version (around $400). Also, you'd have a different solution that what would exist on the Mac (but you already have that. WinBatch can do a whole lot more than what Applescript can do, is easy to work with and debug, and adds a Swiss-Army knife capability to FM. See it at www.wilsonware.com

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Btw I can give you a copy of my do script plugin if you want. You can do what you want with it, totally free and distribute it with your software. It has a flaw in it though that it will only work on the active filemaker file, but its pretty easy to get around any problems that might cause. Source code is mine though wink.gif.

You can email me at [email protected]

This topic is 7586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.