Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Adobe format messed up

jtwilber

This topic is 7482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My experience has been the opposite, that Distiller is the most reliable method. I think you should go through the various prefs and options in Distiller and see if everything seems correct, e.g. embedding fonts.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've had simular problems with Distiller - my PDF output had all kinds of wierd lines and formatting problems. Here is one thing to try -

I believe the default DPI setting for distiller is 1200. THis is WAY more than is needed, and must cause the above mentioned problems. I used 300 DPI, and looks/prints just great! I also set it to print only black and white, instead of color. Unless there is a specific reason you need color.

Hopefully this helps

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

This is a really late chime, but I have the same problem, & came here looking for answers.

I discovered that PDF Writer does do it better than Distiller. Distiller pushes everything to the top and left of ever page, i.e., no margins(?). Any good ideas? Resetting DPI didn't do anything

• 2 weeks later...

We use 2 types of writers here.. one is pdf995 which is available from http://www.pdf995.com and the other we use is from http://www.fineprint.com We find both of these are more accurate and a less intensive process. We have had Acrobat distiller on a number of occassions freeze up our systems to the point we had to de-install and then re-intall the product.

Stu

This topic is 7482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.