Send email when field has a specific value

cjb

This topic is 7566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I want to automatically trigger the sending of an email when a new record is entered into my database (from the web) and one of the fields has a specific value in it (in this, case, the value will be 'urgent').

I'm using FMP 6.0 so I figured out how to construct a script to send email (because of the very useful information on this forum). But I'm not very good at scripting and can't figure out how to make the email send itself when the specific condition (field value) is met.

If you can help -- or point me to a posting I might have overlooked that could give me some direction -- I would very much appreciate it!

Cheers,

cjb :confused:

• Newbies

Thanks.

I've got the web portion working just fine. It's how to trigger the email to be sent when the new record has a specific field value that has me a bit perplexed. I had heard that FM scripts don't work so well with web solutions, but I think it might work ok in this case if I can figure out how to structure the script to only trigger SendMail when there is a new record created in the database and the value indicated for the field "urgency" is the word, Emergency.

cjb

You have to create script and somehow to trigger that from Instant Publishing. Then after the script will check for the word Emergency you will exit or send email with help of plugin SMPTit. It might just work.

I've never worked with very limited IWP, but maybe you'll be lucky...

This topic is 7566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.