Import Multiple JPG files????

This topic is 8584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

quote:

Originally posted by jjhill:

I have a folder called Photos, in it are folders with JPG files from a Sony camera (ie disk1, disk2, disk3, etc.)

? Is there a way or script that can be used to start at the first file, import a picture from the file name (disk1.mvc-001.jpg), move to the next record and loop it until all files are loaded into the FM database. I have to do this with about 2000 photo's

You cannot do this directly with FMP, as FMP cannot directly manipluate the file system. You need to use some external application to help you out.

You can use something like Applescript or WinBatch to help grab the files, by manipulating FMP Import Picture dialog boxes.

I did this once, where FMP scripting call a WinBatch which found out how many graphics were to be imported, then FMP scripting created the records, then looped through the record calling another WinBatch which fed the file names into the Import Picture dialog box. I used globals and the clipboard to pass data back and forth between FMP and WinBatch.

Applescript can do similiar things although it does it through different methods.

There might also be a plugin for FMP that might help with this situation.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

• Newbies

I have a folder called Photos, in it are folders with JPG files from a Sony camera (ie disk1, disk2, disk3, etc.)

? Is there a way or script that can be used to start at the first file, import a picture from the file name (disk1.mvc-001.jpg), move to the next record and loop it until all files are loaded into the FM database. I have to do this with about 2000 photo's

Any and all advice would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks, JJHill

This topic is 8584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.