Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hiding Graphics with script maker

This topic is 8603 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have several fields which have sliding up set to them, so if there empty they move up. I want to have a small graphic by the side of each field, but if the field is empty I want the graphic to be hidden. Like in; "do not print selected object."

So I'm trying to creatre a script but I can't find all the info I need; I've got the following so far.

if Background_bullet1 = IsEmpty(0)

Background_bullet1 is one of my fields. Am I going a long the write lines

quote:

Originally posted by darrenN:

I have several fields which have sliding up set to them, so if there empty they move up. I want to have a small graphic by the side of each field, but if the field is empty I want the graphic to be hidden. Like in; "do not print selected object."

So I'm trying to creatre a script but I can't find all the info I need; I've got the following so far.

if Background_bullet1 = IsEmpty(0)

Background_bullet1 is one of my fields. Am I going a long the write lines

Yes, you're close.

Field with your graphic: graphic

Field with your possibly empty field: field

New field, set to a calculated container result called graphic_display = If( IsEmpty( field ), "", graphic )

Make sure the result is set to container. graphic_display will be empty if field is empty and will hold graphic if field is not empty.

Chuck

Hello, thanks for the help; the following error message appeared when I tried it though

This field cannot be found

I presume that it refers to the latter part of the script as it hilites the "", graphic field) part.

The actual graphic I am using is a simple coloured box drawn in FileMaker and I'm pretty sure you can't name these sorts of elements in FileMaker.

quote:

Hello, thanks for the help; the following error message appeared when I tried it though

I presume that it refers to the latter part of the script as it hilites the "", graphic field) part.

The actual graphic I am using is a simple coloured box drawn in FileMaker and I'm pretty sure you can't name these sorts of elements in FileMaker.

You setup a global container field (with repetitions if you have many graphics to store) and you copy and paste your box into that field.

Then reference the field (or repetition) in your script.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

quote:

I was using sample fields called graphic and field, but you need to replace these with the names of the fields you are using, or rename the fields you are using to graphic and field.

Chuck

This topic is 8603 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.