Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Find Script & Found Records

This topic is 8573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a db to keep track of counseling sessions. It can be sorted by client name (default) or by date of session. There's a layout to enter records (view as list), another for search criteria and a third for reporting the found set. The Find Report layout accommodates printing.

At startup, all records are found and displayed but when I return to records from my find layout (using my startup script), the records displayed are always minus the number in my found set. Even though the startup script is set to "restore sort order" and "show all records", total records aren't displayed until I manually hit a sort button on the records layout. Any idea why a "restore sort order" finds all records when it's attached to a button but notwhen it's part of a script?

Try printing out the scripts that are running before you see the missing records.

If the number of records is all of the records minus the set that you had found, my first idea would be that somewhere in your scripts you have a find request that has the Omit check box on, or that you have a script step in your script for Show Omitted.

Chuck

I'm also not a big fan of using the Perform Find(restore) script step. I never use it because it isn't self documenting. If you open a script, you can't tell what it does without printing or running the script. As a general rule I use:

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field...

Set Field...

Perform Find []

as the script format. This way you can open the script and see what the find criterial are. Then there is sort... wink.gif -bd

This topic is 8573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.