2 XML and XSL Questions

Justin Grewe

This topic is 7486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two questions that I have been trying to find an answer to for months now. The first is displaying pictures that are in the filemaker container fields. The latest thing I have done is make a seperate field and call it pictureurl and have it in the xsl stylesheet by:

<xsl:value-of select="pictureurl" disable-output-escaping="yes"

so it works as long as I enter in the xml location of the picture manually. I need it to automatically calculate the pitureurl once I insert the picture into the caluculation field though. Is the way to do this by using the external function web-to-html or something of that nature?

My second question is about text wrapping in a field. I have a long field which is sort of the body of a document that I need in the XSL. So far when it displays on the browser as a long line that goes all the way across and I have to scroll over to see it all. I am needing it to wrap to the next line after lets say if the length of the body is > 300. I have tried many fmp calculation scripts to do this and nothing works on the xsl. I have also tried many examples that people have given me with the xsl. Is there any correct way to do this?

Thanks.

Justin Grewe

This topic is 7486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.