Variable portal height

giles

This topic is 7410 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The "Jungo", if I understood your goal would be to have a multi-line field for the Left side, holding all related Ids from the first to the last.

There are numerous ways of getting this multi-line. The 2 solutions I'd know would be to :(

- use a related Value list and a calculation based upon the ValueListItems function.

- use the Copy All Records step to grab the list of Ids and paste them directly on to your multiline field, by a script process.

If you want to have some more control on how many rows should be shown, then you'd probably end with some Fixed Portal technique.

Is it what you're looking for ?

Hey Ugo

"WOW" thanks for pointing me in the right direction!! I've never had cause to play with ValueListItems before... took a bit of time to get my head round it, but boy, that mixed with multiple relationships has made for a GREAT result. Seemless Variable Portal Height.

THANK YOU!!!

warmest Giles

Glad you found your way through.

Even if the ValueLists Item Function can get you there without so many script, it could happen to reduce the speed of your solution. So I recommand you use it as a reference in a SetField[ ].

Also, you might consider a visit to Giuseppe Pupita's Web Site for a download of his Fixed-Portal solution (called "PortaleFisso" there), as it may also fits your needs, and is well documented.

http://www.buliga.it

This topic is 7410 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.