Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can open file but can't select it

This topic is 8452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am writting my first script. It exports a database to a different name. Then the script wait while I choose which database and it opens it but I can't select in the WINDOWS drop-down menu or figure out which script command will. The WINDOWS drop-down menu has the two database files greyed-out.

What do I need to do to be able to choose which database is on the screen?

When you export, you can only create a new file and give it a name. There is no operation to export into an existing file (you can overwrite one). If you have two existing FM files, you import into the destination file. This is why your export files in the selection menu are greyed out. -bd

Do it the other way around: find and sort the records in dbA, then run a script in dbB that *imports* the records from dbA. Run another script in dbA again to switch control back to there and delete or whatever the current found set.

Here is my script:

Enter Browse Mode[]

Go to Layout["Layout#1"]

Export Records [Restore]

Open [Open minimized]

View as [View as Table]

Enter Browse Mode [Pause]

Show All Records

Sort []

Enter Find Mode [Pause]

Set Field ["Random1"]

Perform Find []

At the "View as [View as Table]" command, the first database is on screen but I can't change databases in the window drop-down menu. I can see that it is open but both databases are greyed-out. Should I just erase everything after "View as [View as Table]" in the script?

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

When you export, you can only create a new file and give it a name. There is no operation to export into an existing file (you can overwrite one). If you have two existing FM files, you import into the destination file. This is why your export files in the selection menu are greyed out. -bd

This topic is 8452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.