Server Maintenance This Week. ×

3 newbie questions

This topic is 8462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm new to FM scripting, but an experienced programmer...here are the things I hope to script but cannot figure out:

(1) how to sort on a particular field

(2) how to import a graphic into a container given that I have the file name and path

(3) how to export a text file which combines the contents of fields along with my own text

To be clear--I know how to do these things in FM but I want to automate the tasks with scripts without the user needing to specify anything (just click the button).

quote:

Originally posted by dnatal:

I'm new to FM scripting, but an experienced programmer...here are the things I hope to script but cannot figure out:

(1) how to sort on a particular field

(2) how to import a graphic into a container given that I have the file name and path

(3) how to export a text file which combines the contents of fields along with my own text

To be clear--I know how to do these things in FM but I want to automate the tasks with scripts without the user needing to specify anything (just click the button).

Use the Sort [] command to perform the sort.

You will need to use AppleScript/Winbatch or some plugin to do the import based on path/filename.

For combining fields with text in an export you will use some combination of global fields containing your text and position them in the export format in the places where you want your text to appear.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.