Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Call external script with 3 IF contion steps

This topic is 7386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm developing a relational db for a repair shop. My question centers around the "MAIN" db as the user interface and the "CONTACTS" db which collects the customer information.

The user starts in the MAIN db and selects a button to create a new record. The button calls an external script in the CONTACTS db that presents a layout in find mode. The user selects/types in the customer information and hits a button to perform the find. Three results can occur. Current record count = 0 then a new record is created in the CONTACTS db and the customer ID is passed to the MAIN db. Current record count = 1 the existing customer record ID is passed to the MAIN db. Current record count > 1 User has to select which customer ID to use.

I haven't figured out how to write a script to run through three IF statements and end up in the MAIN db while exiting/halting the script in the CONTACTS db. The method of putting the external script as the last line in the existing script doesn't work with three conditions. The main problem is exiting the existing script and ending up in the MAIN db when a condition is true. Any help would be apprecitated.

The script in the MAIN db shoould only call the script in the CONTACTS db. All condional sctipting should be done all in the CONTACTS db.

Allow User Abort [Off]

Set Error Capture [On]

If ["Status(CurrentRecordCount)=0"]

New Record/Request

Exit Script

Else

If ["Status(CurrentRecordCount)=1"]

Go to layout [where ever]

Exit Script

Else

If ["Status(CurrentRecordCount)>1"]

Go to layout [where ever]

Exit Script

End If

End If

End If

This topic is 7386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.