field Calculating after I click off the record?

This topic is 7352 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi I have a calculation field in my Invoices file which I use for my relationship.

The calculation field is called jobnolink and contains an If statement. The Exact code is

If(Sum(INVOICE_SelfJoin::LocationID)>1 and INVOICE_SelfJoin::InvoiceNu = InvoiceNu;

JobNum;JobNum & "_" & InvoiceNu;JobNum)

The calculation, seems to kick into place when I click off the record, is there anyway I can make it calculate immediately without having to click a refresh button or go off the record.

By the way the Invoice_SelfJoin relationship is based on a field called JobNo and the LocationID is a Number field which has 1

Jalz said:

The Exact code is

If(Sum(INVOICE_SelfJoin::LocationID)>1 and INVOICE_SelfJoin::InvoiceNu = InvoiceNu;

JobNum;JobNum & "_" & InvoiceNu;JobNum)

Something is wrong anyway in your calc.

On the other side, from my reading, as LocationID is an autoentered value of 1, you're making sure that there's only one record, by checking either If Sum of 1 =1 and If the first record in the Invoice File is this InvoiceNumber.

Then, why not have something like

JobNum& Case(Max(::INVOICE_SelfJoin::InvoiceNu) = InvoiceNu;"_"&InvoiceNu)

The calculation, seems to kick into place when I click off the record, is there anyway I can make it calculate immediately without having to click a refresh button or go off the record.

As Vaughan said, you need to exit the record. If this calc gets calculated at creation of the Invoice, then you could include a "Exit Record" step in a script "Create Incoice".

HTH

This topic is 7352 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.