"Open all" script debugging

This topic is 7359 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am not sure if this should be in the networking section or this section, but here goes: I am still learning FM and need a little direction on how to fix this problem. I have 5 related main files. When I open the first, they all open. It works fine on FM 5 on machine one. On my new machine (FM6) which is a guest networked to the first machine, all of the files open as well but I also get an error message saying that "Line items copy" cannot be found, although the file "line items" has opened. I get this error three times and cancel it three times and then can use the program but some of the relational fields show that the files are missing. I don't know how line items got the name "copy" in the running of the script, and when I look in the script there is no "copy" in the name of "line items". Also, the first of the main files, "artworks", opens twice. That is the file to which the script "open all" is attached. Since the script works fine on one machine, why is it goofing up on the guest? And if the script looks fine, what do I change? Thanks for any ideas.

Line Items Copy must be specified in one of the scripts or relationships. The next time you get the message, click OK then proceed to navigate to the file Line Items and open it (you should get a file open dialog after the error message). This should reconnect it.

(I can't remember if this is the case will all multi-user files or just with server, but after you show the main file where the other file is, you might want to re-edit the script and set the file again to "lock it in". When showing a file hosted on server where another file is after an error, it doesn't necessarily remember the new location, so the next time you open it, you'll have to show it again.)

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff, for the help. If I navigate to the file on the host computer the three times I get the error message, the files all work - you are right. However, I can't get rid of the error message. I re-entered the script on both machines. If I look in "define relationships" for each file, there is no line items "copy", just line items. What else should I try?

This topic is 7359 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.