All Records Blank with FMU and Access Privileges

This topic is 7338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've got a problem with all records appearing blank over the web in Instant Web Publishing, unless all privileges are turned on in Access Privileges. If I turn just one privilege off, such as Delete, all records are shown but have empty fields throughout. (Using FM 6 Unlimited on Windows 2000 Server). Expect I am doing something stupid - tell me what it is, please.

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the forum!

You are best using the web security database when amending access privileges for a DB on Instant Web Publishing.

Have a look at this and if you are still having problems then, get bak to us and we can look into it further for you.

Best regards

Ed

OK, not seen this. It's been a while since I used IWP but when I did I think I was using the Web Security DB?

I use Custom Publishing now as I say it's been a while wink.gif

Stephen - forget what I said blush.gif Vaughan is much more well up on this than I am!

Ed

Eddy -- I've *never* used IWP. Well, I turned it on for like 5 minutes... was suitably impressed then disabled it, printed out the CDML Reference database and got started learning CWP. But I recently remember reading about IWP and the Web Security databases in the Web Security Guidelines white paper document from FMI.

BTW You can probably have the IWP Moderator's job if you want. You may be the most qualified! wink.gif

Vaughan said:

I recently remember reading about IWP and the Web Security databases in the Web Security Guidelines white paper document from FMI.

Hi Vaughan, can you subscribe to receive these via email or is it just a case of checking the site for the white papers.

Cheers Ed

Visit the FMI web site. They don't update very often. I pop back every couple of weeks to check for updates, new articles in the TechInfo database etc. Lots of interesting stuff.

• Newbies

Thanks everyone. I realise now that I did not understand the relationship (or lack of it) between passwords and groups. Now I have thrown away the groups I defined and am only using passwords, I'm getting on easier.

Btw, a UI design issue in the Access Privileges Overview... Am I the first person not to realise that you have to click the *dot* next to the group or password to turn it on, rather than clicking the word....

This topic is 7338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.