BreakLine retrieved from a Field

This topic is 7360 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

How do i retrieve a breakline from a field. When i put <br> it doesn't it actually display the "<br>" instead of doing the break line. Is there anything i have to do with field.

It seems to no be getting HTML text from the field.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

IWP or CWP? IF CWP use [FMP-Field: fieldname, raw] the raw attribute gets WC to send the field contents to the browser as-is.

If IWP you are probably out of luck.

I don't know, I had this same issue a while back. Why do you need the field itself to insert breaks? Are you wanting to allow the writer of say an artical to insert his/her own line breaks where they want them to emphasize something? Otherwise, you can just control how the field is ouputed with line breaks when it is web-published by your html(using a table for example).

If you must have line breaks, I have tried using the external function for the calculated field, External("Web-ToHTML") and sometimes I got it to work, sometimes I did not. I would probably reconsider having line breaks and formating in the FileMaker field itself and just to have it in the html document.

Justin Grewe

If you are trying to display text from an FMP field which is written in paragraphs, it is not necessary to use any html tags with that field. The return causes a line break. If the result you desire is to have like a client (me) entering data into a field (this forum's Quick Reply) which will then be displayed as you are now seeing it, including line breaks, there is a quick answer.

(Note I have just hit return twice and caused two line breaks - a new paragraph) The other result you may desire is that data already exists in an FMP field and you would like it to display as it has been entered.

The answer to either of those is Anatoli's famous display of data through the tag [FMP-Field:thisfield, format].

This topic is 7360 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.