FMU duplicates records on scripted ODBC import

This topic is 7330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Situation: FMU under W2K Pro imports ODBC data from MySQL db over TCP/IP via a script in ScriptMaker at five-minute intervals (with Events plug-in). This works great, until I restart FMU.

After restart, FMU imports duplicate records, despite the following:

1) The Import Records script step was setup to Update records and Add remaining records, with three fields to match.

2) One of the fields it has to match is defined in FM has having to be Unique (field is a date/time stamp accurate to the second, and there are no two records with exactly the same date/time stamp in the MySQL db).

Once I restart FMU the script imports, but duplicates records instead of updating existing and adding remaining. To get around this I have to manually import records, then modify the script until it prompts me to KEEP the import information that already exists for this script or REPLACE with the info currently in use. I hit REPLACE, and then everything is running exactly as I want again... until I restart FMU.

I don't restart FMU often (maybe once a month) but this is annoying nevertheless.

Suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

sounds like script is not getting saved right

test a plain script...edit it and just exit the application...then open to see if the change was saved with the script modified and application exiting...

Edit--Applications Prefs. -- Memory (save time issue)

this got me puzzeld though:

One of the fields it has to match is defined in FM has having to be Unique (field is a date/time stamp accurate to the second, and there are no two records with exactly the same date/time stamp in the MySQL db).

so what is the point of update if they will never match? I hope there is another fields used "to match"...I guess we would have to see the field defintions of MySQL

HTH

good luck!

This is happening with more than one import script, though both scripts are in the same database.

Leb i Sol said:

Edit--Applications Prefs. -- Memory (save time issue)

I'm not sure what save time issue you are referring to, here. This database is open 24/7 so any changes should have been saved eons ago.

Leb i Sol said:

One of the fields it has to match...

so what is the point of update if they will never match? I hope there is another fields used "to match"...

Absolutely! One of the fields is the date time stamp. Another is filename, and the third is member_id (email address).

If you could further explain the "save time issue" that might help me out.

the "save time" thing:

perhaps your sctipts do not get saved upon edit-exit of file OR they are set to save on "idle time" ....try making a slight modification to the file then save it-exit it and re-open it..then check the script and see if it is saved.

1st import should be manual (all records)while the "actual script" should be saved and modified with "matching records" option.

It is rather odd....did u update/change the MySQL- ODBC drivers and DNS in the meantime?

that's what I can think of.....FMU is patched and updated?

frown.gif

good luck!

This topic is 7330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.