Related files in drop down list

This topic is 7325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to create a form with a bunch of drop downs. There will be a dropdown list for each college, 30 of them. The drop down lists will show the different programs you can contribute money to. I want to have the drop down lists created from a related file so they are easy to update. Is there a way to combine the programs all into one database instead of having 30 different filemaker files? This would the perfect situation for a conditional dropdown, based on the college, but I could never figure out the javascript to make it work, so I am trying to find a simpler way to put the information on a form. I hope this makes sense, I'll attach my related file. Thanks.

list.zip

This would be easy if you made a separate file where each record was a college, and related it to another file where each record was a program... no javascript needed.

I just tried creating separate dropdowns using this code:

<select name="Combo" size=1 class="formtypesmall" >

<option value="Combo"> - No Selection - [FMP-InlineAction: -db=collegelist.fp5,

-lay=data, UCollege="C.T. Bauer College of Business", -find][FMP-Record]

<option value="[FMP-Field:Combo]">[FMP-Field:Combo][/FMP-Record][/FMP-InlineAction]

</select>

-When I tried changing the drop down to allow multiple selections, it broke the code. People may contribute to more than one program in a college, so they need to be able to pick more than one. Do you know how to code that or have any other ideas?

(here's the page so far)

http://www.advancement.uh.edu/annualgiving/FMPro?-db=coll.fp5&-lay=data&-format=update2.htm&-view

Thanks

This topic is 7325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.