Automatically Calculate Fields With All Records

This topic is 8380 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In Preferences ---> Application you can set a script to run when a file is opened. To check all the records at once, you will need to script a find that looks for all the client records which meet your date criteria.

-bd

• Newbies

I am a relative newcomer to FileMaker Pro 5.

I need to automatically have an evaluation form print out for a customer when I first open my FileMaker Pro 5 Clients database.

Basically, I want the script to look at a particular field containing a specific date. If the date in that field is less than or equal to one week from today's date, automatically print out the form. Once it prints, it will set a different field to a value of 1, signifying that the form had already printed, so that the script will know not to print it again. That part is easy. The parts that I need the help with is:

1) How do I get the database to automatically run this script when the database is opened, or at a certain time, or when a field changes?

and

2) How do I have the script check ALL records at once so I can figure out which clients need evaluation forms printed?

Thanks!

- Eli

This topic is 8380 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.