Print Dot Matrix type report using IE with CWP

This topic is 7340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there, now i have create a custom web publishing system for user to create quotation on the net. I have created two type of printing format that allow support Laser/Inkjet and Dot Matrix printer. Because i must use Draft 10/12cpi font type to print on Dot Matrix printer for faster printing. I always do this on FM and it work perfect. But after i come to web, even i have set the font type to Draft 10/12cpi but it still print the graphic mode font like Arial.

After that i try to create a testing file with 2 type of font setting, and use IWP to host it. But when i use web browser to open and print it, it still come out the graphic mode result.

Just want to know is that the limitation for web that browser does not support Dot Matrix printer to print the Draft mode font ?

Regards,

Henry

Version: v6.x

Platform: Windows 95/98

The browser must support the font. The browser can only support the font if the user has the font installed on their computer. If they don't have the special font, their browser will use another font from the HTML "font family", and if there is no "font family", it will use the default font for the browser.

Beyond having the font installed on your computer, I think there may be some way that the font must be enabled for the web browser.

For this one i have tested out, browser really dose not support draft font. Now my solution is create a generic/text only printer and use this to print the report with Dot Matrix printer. Now learning how to control out the layout and page margin setting.

Thanks for reply.

Regards,

Henry

This topic is 7340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.