Opera Web Browser - terrible trouble

This topic is 7309 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I made a dhtml page with claris homepage 3 in order to display data from fmp5.5 on 2000server in a web browser. Works great in MSIE, netscape, mozilla, and firefox, but if I attempt to load a page hosted by fmp5.5 into opera web browser : the page doesn't load, and the servers cpu cycles go to 100% and stay there until fmp is unloaded. Does anyone know anything more about how to fix this or prevent opera from loading the page?

Version: v5.x

Platform: Windows 2000

Hi, Bitt! Huh. I think Internet Explorer is the only officially supported browser but many folks have had similar problems with FileMaker spiraling up to 100% CPU and as far as I know, it is still a mystery. Apparently it is not universal, though, because some folks do not have this problem. I have not been able to reproduce the error; we just suddenly find that FMP is no longer serving and CPU is maxed out and have to re-boot.

When I get a chance, I'll check to see what Opera does to our systems over here and report back. We have 2 servers w/FMP Unlimited and if it's Opera that's been the bane of our existence, I'm gonna check browsers and re-direct that one elsewhere.

--ST

any JS attached in page?

what is the DHTML code? drop menues?

....I know that FM does not like some JS and stops serving pages but I have not seen the 100% CPU peaks....strange....if u like link us up or post the HTML

All the best!

Ok...ummm, I realized that the service pack wasn't applied to FM. I applied it and my page seems to open ok in Opera now and the CPU stays down. Mind you, it is very simple dhtml..all i do is ask to find records, and display results, no interaction or drop downs at all. Service pack...I'm quite embarrassed.

But again, I have read that Opera isn't that great in supporting DHTML, so it may pose to be problematic for others. Might be a place to start looking anyhow.

thanks for the replys, Bitt.

This topic is 7309 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.