Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Field not editable, but scrollable

ddreese

This topic is 7329 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can I format a field to 'include vertical scrollbar' and also have the data non-editable? I have some forms that are psuedo-"read only", and a few of the fields require a scrollbar. But when I disallow any entry into the fields, the scrollbar no longer works.

Hi Vaughan,

Perhaps ddreese was thinking there was a simple checkbox in the "Format Field" options to do this reather than needing to create a separate field, at least that is the way I read the reply.

Lee smile.gif

FileMaker Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS 9

In the field definition options dialog, if you select one of the autoenter options, then you can check the "do not allow modifications" box. This has limited applications, but it has an advantage in read only types of databases. I have created help files with the text fields filled with the descriptive help data, and then gone back into the field definition options and checked the "do not allow mods" box. By doing this you don't need a second set of calc fields. But the big advantage is that your scrollable fields can contain styled text. I don't know any other way to get scrollable unmodifiable styled text.

This topic is 7329 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.