My checkboxes aren't working!

This topic is 7296 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created a very simple non-relational survey form with lots of multiple-choice checkboxes. Halfway through, my checkboxes are no longer visibly working, although when I change them to pop-ups, my selections are there.

Are there some kind of limitations placed on how many value lists you can include on a form by using checkboxes? How can I work around it? It's making a very very simple project turn into a frustration. I'm a non-techie, so please, keep it easy to understand. Thanks for your suggestions!

After I get all these surveys done, I will have questions about how to correctly compile and interpret my data...any ideas?

Robin

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Windows XP

I designed the form in layout mode. It doesn't seem to matter how wide I drag the field. It's just that at a certain point in my layout, my checkboxes seem to stop working.

How do I do that? None of the other checkboxes previous to this one section have this problem, and they have as many options.

I was hoping you'd ask! Here it is. It's a marketing survey for a company I'm doing some consulting for. Everything works great on the first tabbed layout (Bit of Britain customers) EXCEPT the blue box which asks if we can use their comments in promo materials (That's one of the last fields I entered). The second tabbed page (Personal Information) is the one I start having problems on, specifically at the question "Which Disciplines are you seriously involved in." Everything works just like I want it to until that point.

Thank you so very much for your insights. I do apologize for being such a novice. If you have any insights about how I can best retrieve this data and summarize it into a report, that would be fabulous.

Robin

"If you have any insights about how I can best retrieve this data and summarize it into a report, that would be fabulous."

It's best to think about your desired reports before designing the database structure. You are probably going to wish you had made each checkbox a separate field when it comes time to reporting. Checkboxes are convenient for data entry and searching, but lame for reporting. You can't summarize very well when you have multiple values in a single field!

This topic is 7296 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.