Server Maintenance This Week. ×

validation of username and password in shopping ca

This topic is 7336 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I would like to ask about something with FM Shopping_Cart example. I have tested this example and noticed, that if you have already registered with username and password, FM lets you in the detail data of customer (document.idform.submit; button Continue on customerid.htm page), either if you type in only password (without username) and vice versa.

I would really appreciate, if SOMEONE could suggest me the right CDML tag to repair the example in such a way that without username and password you couldn't get to detail customer data (customerinfo.txt);.

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Mac OS X Jaguar

i havent used the shopping cart example, but it sounds like it is using a find. You will need to do an exact find. Directly infront of the user and password fields place a hidden input per each field that has a value of "==".

EX: <input type="hidden" name=(field name) value="==">

NOTE: the syntax is off the top of my head, so if it is slightly off, adjust it to what is correct, but that should give you the idea.

P.S. - this probably should've been asked in on of the "Filemaker Online" forums

• Newbies

It works.:) Thanks, you are a geniue.

I have another problem though. When I want to change existing customerinfo data:

1.it accepts the changes with text fields with no problem

2. but with radio buttons no; do you know what is here the case?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.