has anyone tried this ?

This topic is 6908 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

FWIW,

I have a client who uses it at his main job.

Seems to work great for access. I don't know any details it you want to talk about I can find out more and discuss offline.

(I am not positive, but I don't think they have a Mac Client)

Jerry

• 3 months later...

We use it with a few of our police departments. It is very good. It's fast and secure. They do support mac. This is from their site:

Required: A computer with Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE):

Mac OS 8.6 through 9.2; IE 5.0 with MRJ version 2.2.5 and above

Mac OS 10.1 through 10.2.4; IE 5.1 and above or Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or later with all Java components enabled

Nope but it looks a lot like Webex.

We use Webex to support our customers and also when we need support from outside sources. You can share applications or the entire desktop.

It looks like the difference may be that Webex needs an operator on each end of the connection whereas this may not. Webex is really "meeting" software so the necessity of having a human on each end to make the connection isn't normally a problem.

A client of mine (in Thailand) uses this so I can see his screen, while were talking over Skype. I'm teaching him on his files, so it's a good combination. He's on Windows XP, I'm on Mac 10.3.8. It's a Java applet, via Safari. It works pretty well. The colors are somewhat dimished, so gradients look a little blocky, but otherwise it looks fine. The speed is pretty good, though there is a small delay. The speed is variable, probably depending on traffic, but always OK.

I'm not actually doing anything in this case, other than moving the cursor over things to show him what I'm talking about (at least I think he's seeing that). I have also used this to work directly on someone's PC. That works, but was slower, and not so much fun. That was over a year ago however, and both it and my computer have improved since.

This topic is 6908 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.