Designing in 7

This topic is 7311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I must say I adore FileMaker for providing an intuitive, functional arrangement for Tables, Fields and Relationships. And the ability in Relationships to display nothing from the Table Occurence, only the join fields, or everything (providing a cute scroll arrow at the bottom). I don't display anything on them so they remain compact and only expand to work on certain ones as needed. It is so easy to create, modify and simply develop in such an environment. It took a bit getting used to but now I wouldn't want to design any other way. smile.gif

I am daily amazed at the power of 7 and I must constantly rethink my FM understanding (from prior versions) for scripts, calculations and particularly relationships (which are no longer what they seem). The added functionality of multiple windows -- even of the same window with a different found set -- better utilizes space once reserved for (space-hogging, one-relationship limited) portals. Now windows displaying related lists can replace one-another or overlap (or put 4 on the screen). Designing and navigation are simpler using the wonderful Get() functions. For those that have looked at 7 but haven't taken the time to really design in it, you are really missing an incredible new world.

Nope. No question ... but I had to share my excitement. I couldn't be more tickled that I moved into the new world of 7. wink.gif

LaRetta

FileMaker Version: Dev 7

Platform: Windows XP

This topic is 7311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.