Need help to perform complex Find in a Time CardDB

This topic is 7306 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I really could use some help. I have a DB being served in FMP 6 that has Employee time cards where each card has a date Employee number, Employee department, start time, end time, total hours. I want to generate a report for a two week perior that lists each employee, their total regular hours for that two week period, their overtime hours for that two week period (Regular hours for a given week is <44 and overtime is >44 hours/week). I would like it broken down by department as employee 1234 may have worked part of her time with doctor #1 and part with doctor #2. Therefore for Employee 1234 there would be a total of regular and overtime hours for the two weeks for doctor #1 and a second listing in the report for the same for Doctor #2 and more doctors if she worked for multiple doctors for this time period. This would apple to only some of the employees that are floats between multiple offices. Most work for only one doctor in the building... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Arun...

FileMaker Version: 5

I think you can do a breakdown of hours by department, but the totals for the pay period would have to be summarized outside of that. Example:

If you work 30 hours with Dr. A. and 20 hours with Dr. B., you could list those totals for each department, but the overtime would have to be calculated outside of that (otherwise who gets charged the overtime?) Because of that, Total Regular hours would necessarily be calculated outside too.

Do you have a file for Pay Periods (separate from the days), holding data about the two-week pay period?

This topic is 7306 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.