Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Isolate by record number or ID?

This topic is 7308 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a group of records that I imported. And I messed up. and it's too late to use the backup and do it again because I no longer have the file which contains the import records. I imported invoices from another program into our new FM invoicing system. Boss wanted to capture the data. They ended up being one field off partway through the map. Me bad. crazy.gif

Records 73069 through 73995 (the end of the db) need to be shifted one field over. I can script this shift, but I need to isolate only these records from the rest of the database. How can I find by record number? Should I create a field called RecordNumber and use Status(CurrentRecordNumber)?? Or should I find the RecordID? There is nothing else that I can use to isolate these records ... I just know they are at the bottom (end) of the file. Please help me! Boss needs report and it'll be wrong! ooo.gif

Linda

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Windows XP

Create a new number field, renumber it with your record order intact, then locate the starting serial number that is giving you trouble. Use that for a find in that field (>=2342 or whatever).

To correct these I might suggest you export them, delete the found set, then import them with the correct field mapping.

This topic is 7308 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.